La route de la soie

Youpi, j’ai reçu tous mes visas !

Et voilà, aujourd'hui j'ai enfin reçu mon passeport avec 3 nouvelles images à l'intérieur: mes chers (à tous les sens du terme) visas sont là, les dates sont bonnes, bref... TOUT - VA - BIEN !!!

*Gros soupir de soulagement*

Après l'énorme stress du mois dernier, où le voyage était devenu plus qu'incertain et les délais d'obtention des visas semblaient difficiles à tenir, mon p'tit coeur va mieux et je peux enfin respirer.
Y'a plus qu'à s'occuper des valises. Ce sera assez compliqué de tout faire rentrer dans un sac mais, fidèle à ma technique maintenant bien rôdée, je devrais m'en sortir. Comment ? Ben, c'est simple : quand le sac est plein, on le ferme et c'est bon. Du moment que j'ai mon passeport, mon appareil photo, ses batteries, leur chargeur et de quoi stocker les photos, j'ai de quoi survivre pendant tout le voyage.
Je vous sens curieux... vous voulez quoi ? Voir mes visas ? Vous avez été sages? C'est bien sûr, ça ? Bon, allez, j'suis sympa, les voilou:

Les photos du jour :

Envie de commenter ou de partager une info ? C'est par ici »

Day 1: leaving home

Yesterday night, it was time to pack my luggage. Hmmm... much more difficult than i thought : how to have enough clothing for 1 month with temperatures going from 0°C (according to Yahoo, it's snowing today in Kyrgyzstan) to over 30°C (in Uzbekistan and some cities in China) ??? I've never spent so much time getting ready for a trip. One thing is sure: it will be a nightmare every time i will need something in my bag as it's completely FULL...
This morning, as usual, I had to run to the railway station *me being late quite often* not to miss my train... but at the end, I've waited almost 40 minutes before the train left Montpellier due to a problem on the line. And as it wasn't enough, it took 1 hour to reach Nimes (twice the usual time).
Once in Paris, I opted to take the shuttle to the airport : it's more expensive the the RER, but there are no stairs, no connection, and above all : you can see the (not so blue) sky and see Paris : the Palais de la Porte Dorée, where I want to go next time I go to Paris (there's an aquarium inside and the building is awsome), and a few other places that remind me of past trips.

At the moment, I'm sitting in the plane and I've just finished my yummy dinner : this was muuuuuuuch better than on some other companies (like Lufthansa or AerLingus). Before they started serving the meals, the smell of the food coming from the « kitchen » was incredible : a goooooood smell like at the chinese restaurants in Montpellier... I LOVE it !!! and I'm not joking – chinese food it by far my favourite. Even the coffee they served me didn't manage to make me think about something else. Imagine me drinking my coffe and looking impatiently behind me to see it they were stating serving dinner... patience is not my thing. The main course was an excellent chicken with rice... i can't wait to be in china to eat more meals like this. I've taken some pictures. I don't know if i will be able to post them before the end of the trip as they are on the memory of my small camera (and not on a card... grrrr!). I'll try but I don't promise anything.

Nothing really important or fun happened, then i won't bother you anymore. The upcoming month should be much more interesting to read than this stupid post... come back often to read more.

Envie de commenter ou de partager une info ? C'est par ici »

Day 2 : Beijing !!!

After an horrible night in the plane (who can sleep sitting in a plane ?), I woke up above what I believe to be Mongolia. From the sky, i could see no-ending lanscapes covered by snow, some were high moutains, others seemed to be small hills... if only i could have stopped the plane there for a walk in the snow *sight*
Later the snow disappeared and we were flying above some new landscapes covered by sand... totally different, but it's incredible to see such vast spaces with (almost) nobody : i saw some small houses in the desert, near rivers or roads, but no human trace in the snowy region.

To officially end the night, we got a yummy breakfast (pictures will come soon) with a wonderful view on China... where do i have to sign up to get that everyday ?

A bit later, we landed in Beijing and the real adventure began. It's certainly due to the Olympic Games, but their airport is wonderful (so much nicer than terminal 1 in Paris CDG) : a modern architecture the roof is very high, with very high white colums, open spaces... once you get there, you have the feeling that you arrived in a modern country. Everything in the airport is written both in Chinese and in English, a modern train transfers you from one terminal to another to get your luggage, then you take the new metro line to the center of the town... this was the olys effect... now once you are in Beijing, you have to face the cruel the reality of everyday life : at the metro station, the people paid to help passengers get the tickets do speak Chinese and no other language... a good start for all the jet-lagged tourists arriving from the airport.
I must admit that I noticed a real effort inside the metro to help the tourists : all the names of the stations are written in Chinese and with Latin characters, and a sweet voice inside the trains tell you where you are, what the next stop... if you get lost there, it's only because you don't know where you want to go to.
Then, my favorite part of the day : the game "find your hotel". I had the great idea to print out a google map
showing the hotel... i went there and... no hotel !

In the series "i have tested for you...", we have:
- if you're lost in Beijing, never waste your time asking your way to people over 25, they don't speak English - many are not even able to read a map with our characters.
- if a taxi tells you he knows where your hotel is, look at his face when he answers, and if you see any doubt in his eyes, immediately phone your hotel to explain him the road he has to follow... and you won't turn again and again in the same streets, in the middle of the traffic jam.

Well, after all this, I arrived at my hotel and I sooooo tired i think I'm gonna test my bed (this was just a test to see if the wifi connection was working)

Les photos du jour :

Envie de commenter ou de partager une info ? C'est par ici »

Day 3 : walking in the rain

Hi, dear reader, nice to see you here !
Today was tough... when i woke up, i could hear the rain outside and i immediately wished it was a nightmare and that i would wake up for good and heard the birds singing... but nothing happened, it was the reality and my adventure in Beijing would start under the rain *insert huge sight here*

Ok, with such a weather, in order not to ruin my camera with the rain, i decided i would visit the aquarium which seems to be fantastic (and i love aquariums) . the only problem i had was that i didn't realize how far it was !!! (only) 2 metro stations between my hotel and the aquarium, but it took me almost 2 hours to get there !!!! it's in the middle of roads we would consider as highways, and of course, i couldn't find the entrance gate. I sked several people, and let me tell you that next time i see some chinese people lost in Montpellier, i won't try to help him/her. When the people here see you arriving with a map, they look terrified or they eve do as if they didn't see you, even if you're talking to them. So nice, thanks !
Those who answer do not really help you neither as they are showing you several directions, once on the left, once on the right and look satisfied of their answer... well... it did help at all, but thanks anyway for trying. In Montpellier, i have helped tourist without words just showing them on a map where they were and the road to the place they wanted to go to, but here in Beijing, nobody can't read maps.
I was a bout to give up and go back to the ceter of Beijing when I arrive at the gate of the aquarium. Greaaaat gate, with a lot of steps, a statue, columns and much more to impress the world. Then you have to face the cruel reality once again : the price you tried to get on internet and didn't find is here, written in bold letters : 120 RMB (the equivalent of 40 metro tickets, or 120 bus tickets)... it must be the most expensive attraction in the town but after 2 hours walking in the rain, ok, let's go ! i didn't regret it as there were a lot of fishes i didn't know (some huge ones seemed to be arriving from the past, some others were just strange with big cheeks), just one thing i missed : i didn't have enough of jellyfishes ! they are amazing and there was only one small tank with small jellyfishes. I have taken a lot of pictures but i won't be able to show them for the moment as the blonde inside me forgot the cable to transfer the pictures for my CF card to the computer *insert laughs here* i'll see tomorrow if someone in the group can let me use his/hers of if need to buy one (in china, it shouldn't be difficult to find that).
After my visit at the aquarium, i discovered that my ticket also allowed me to visit the zoo, even if a small fee - 5RMB - was required to see the pandas. I saw some amazing white tigers, a couple of lions, a black panther, lynxes, and many others.
After that, I took the bus to the town center (it took more than 1/2 an hour!!) and headed to the north to go back to the hotel. On my way, i stopped in a supermarket in a traditional building to see how it was and after the cashier desk, there were some food and people eating there... and do know what ? I tried it too. It's simple you look at what you want, then you have to tell a woman what you want, you pay and she gives you a ticket, you give the ticket to a cook and he prepares your meal. A kind lady offered me a spoon thinking i wouldn't manage to eat with their traditional guns, but i did it ! i finished my plate without the spoon ! *me proud* It was good, in large quantity and i only paid 4.50RMB. I will remember the address for sure!!

Les photos du jour :

Envie de commenter ou de partager une info ? C'est par ici »

Day 4 – Rencontre avec le groupe

Aujourd'hui, c'est un grand jour, le jour du grand rassemblement, le jour où je vais rencontrer le reste du groupe, le jour aussi où je dois changer d'hôtel. Il est vrai que la rencontre avec le groupe m'angoisse un peu car j'espère que tous seront sympa pour que les 26 jours que nous passerons ensemble soient agréables, mais ce n'est rien à côté du du changement d'hôtel. Avant de débarquer à Pékin, j'imaginais que ce serait ultra simple, mais ce matin, j'ai le sentiment que ça va me prendre un certain temps.

Je demande à la réception de l'hôtel s'ils peuvent m'appeler un taxi, et on m'annonce ½ heure d'attente. Je décide donc prendre mon petit déj' en attendant, mais malheureusement, une mauvaise nouvelle me tombe dessus : il n'y a pas de taxi disponible pour le moment et on me conseille de sortir du hutong et de rejoindre une des routes principales des environs. Ok, c'est pas super, mais comme aujourd'hui il ne pleut plus, ça va. Là où ça commence à se gâter sérieusement, c'est que quand j'arrive à trouver un taxi libre, il refuse de me prendre à bord car il ne connait pas l'adresse de mon hôtel (soigneusement écrite en chinois par l'agence voyage).

A partir du 2nd taxi, je demande en second choix, à ce qu'il me conduise sur la place Tiananmen, mais même là, j'ai une réponse négative !!! A ce moment là, je commence réellement à me demander ce que je suis venue faire si loin de mes pantoufles. Je décide alors de me diriger vers une station de métro, mais comme c'est assez loin, je décide à mi-chemin de retenter ma chance avec un taxi. Et, ô miracle, il accepte de me laisser monter à bord. Il ne connait pas le nom de ma rue, mais veut bien me mener à la place Tiananmen !! Hourra!! Une fois installée à bord, je me plonge dans une lecture acharnée de tous les plans de Pékin que j'ai en stock et je finis par trouver la rue de l'hôtel, avec la traduction en chinois !!!! Profitant des embouteillages, le chauffeur prends connaissance du plan à son tour et me conduit à bon port, tout ça avec le sourire. Un zamour ce chauffeur... de quoi me réconcilier avec Pékin. Heureusement que j'ai fini par trouver l'adresse sur mon plan car il s'avère que l'hôtel à proximité de la place Tiananmen est en fait à 10 minutes en voiture de la place... à pied, je n'ôse même pas imaginer le temps que cela m'aurait pris.

La galère est terminée ! On me donne la clé de ma chambre et je vais enfin pouvoir prendre une bonne douche chaude et installer mes affaires. Une fois remise de toutes ces émotions, il ne me reste plus qu'à décider de mon programme de la journée. Tiantan Si (le temple du ciel) me semble être une bonne idée de visite et, en plus, c'est super facile d'accès en métro depuis l'hôtel. Quelques minutes plus tard, me voilà devant l'entrée du parc. Ouah, y'a même des touristes ici !! Ils sont russes, mais ce sont des touristes pas chinois et on peut donc échanger quelques mots. Le parc est très agréable, calme, vert, fleuri. Au loin, j'entends une musique et je m'en approche. D'un côté, une radio joue un tango argentin et des couples dansent comme s'il étaient à Buenos Aires, et quelques mètres plus loin, un chinois aux cheveux longs chante une espèce de pop folklorique chinoise et invite ses groupies *un groupe de chinoises d'un certain âge* à venir danser au milieu du public. Sur le côté, un passage couvert donnant accès au temple est le lieu de rassemblement de joueurs de cartes, ou de chanteurs (c'est super pratique de traverser le passage quand des attroupements bloquent le passage). Les chanteuses chantent des chansons qui me font mal aux oreilles (on dirait un très mauvais karaoké en chinois et super aigü avec la voix tremblotante, bref, je ne suis pas restée longtemps pour profiter du spectacle et je suis allée jusqu'au bâtiment le plus connu de l'ensemble : le hall des prières pour les récoltes. Il s'agit d'un bâtiment circulaire sur 3 étages, posé au sommet de marches de marbre. C'est très impressionnant car on arrive là en passant par un portail et le bâtiment est au centre d'une grande place, ce qui lui donne un aspect encore plus grandiose. Un couple de mariés se fait prendre en photo sur les marches, les gens sont souriants, le ciel est bleu et je commence à aimer Pékin.
L'ensemble de Tiantan Si est bien plus grand que ce que j'avais bien pu imaginer, les bâtiments à visiter sont nombreux, et le parc est immense et il y a tant de photos à prendre. Du coup, j'y passe tout l'après-midi et ne reprend le métro que pour rentrer à l'hôtel à temps pour le rendez-vous avec le groupe.
En rentrant à l'hôtel, je fais connaissance avec ma voisine de chambre une australienne, Wendy, et nous commençons à discuter. Pour une australienne, elle a un accent tout à fait raisonnable et j'arrive à la comprendre assez facilement. A 18h, nous allons au point de rendez-vous et faisons connaissance avec Efrat, notre tour leader israélienne, puis Ross, un australien et Creg et Angela les néo-zélandais du groupe. Sachant que les accents australiens et néo-zélandais sont ceux que j'ai le plus de mal à comprendre, je suis aux anges.
Après une réunion de présentation, nous allons dans un restaurant derrière l'hôtel pour un vrai repas ultra complet et plus que copieux pour découvrir les spécialités chinoises, à la chinoise, autour d'un table ronde, avec tous les plats sur un plateau tournant au centre et chacun se sert ce qu'il veut. Miam !

Voilà une journée bien remplie qui se finit.

Les photos du jour :

Envie de commenter ou de partager une info ? C'est par ici »